11.19.2008

A new start...




Well, one always wants more spare time, and it's funny how the universe delivers what we ask for. In the wake of the recent Wall Street insanity, many small interior design firms have been forced to dismiss their staff. And so, as a disenfranchised designer, I find myself with a fair amount of spare time. (Between all of the copious job searching, of course.)
I am now on week three of being unemployed, but have made good use of the time by tying up loose ends on many abandoned renovation projects. This was sparked by both an abundance of extra time, and an upcoming 30th birthday party for my boyfriend of six years, Ryan. As much as I enjoy tearing out and rebuilding staircases and installing closet doors it is nice to be done with all of that (for the time being).
And so, unluckily for you I have joined the already unsustainable ranks of bloggers. Don't get me wrong, my favorite tshirt slogan reads 'No one wants to read your lame blog' and I hate to put another one out there to be unread. I do however, need a place to keep up on my passion and skills for design, and figure I might as well take a few people along for the ride. I hope this blog's content will provide you with new ideas to try around your home or office, and at the least will be somewhat amusing.

1 comment:

libu said...

great start!!! keep it up